Doesn’t the Church of Satan endorse all kinds of hedonism, including drug use?
No. The Church of Satan’s philosophy is Epicurean, not hedonistic. For us a balanced and controlled seeking of pleasures is our goal—indulgence, not compulsion, as would be the case under hedonism. For a detailed explanation of our policy about drug use, please read this essay: The Church of Satan's Policy on Drug Abuse.
Do not e-mail us with questions before you have spent time reading through this FAQ as we will direct you to go back and read it.
- INTERNET PRESENCE
- RESEARCH: PRESS AND STUDENT
- FUNDAMENTAL BELIEFS
- ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
- SYMBOLS AND SYMBOLISM
- RITUAL AND CEREMONY (BAPTISM/WEDDING/FUNERAL)
- ANTON LAVEY AND HIS FAMILY
- SELLING SOULS
- DEMONIC POSSESSION, STRANGE DREAMS, DIABOLICAL DESTINY
- FOR CHRISTIANS WHO WANT SATANISTS TO CHANGE THEIR WAYS
- YOUNG PEOPLE AND SATANISM
- DRUG ABUSE
- MILITARY ISSUES
- PRISONER ISSUES
- THE BLACK HOUSE